Thursday, December 22, 2011

Miss Black Ohio Speaks: December 22nd, Tis the Season!

Christmas is just THREE DAYS AWAY! That my friends, is a very exciting fact. As Christmas gets closer and the new year approaches I can't help but think about how much of a blessing this year has been. Not only have I done and experienced things beyond my wildest dreams, but I have grown in so many ways! I learned a lot in 2011, and as Miss Black Ohio USA I know that the lessons will keep coming.

As this year comes to a close I am really thinking about all of the things that I am thankful for. The list is never ending, but it starts with my heavenly father. This year I have learned that the Lord has a plan for my life, one that at times I don't completely understand.

Moment of truth: When the lord placed it on my heart to do The Miss Black Ohio pageant I had no idea what he was thinking!

Little did I know, that he had a plan for me, a path laid out for my life. I am so very thankful that this path included The Miss Black USA Scholarship Pageant and the Miss Black Ohio Scholarship and Pageant Foundation.

The Lord knew that I had a heart for young women, a desire to make a change, to impact the lives of young people and he found a way to help me do that. My heavenly father has been building and shaping me, preparing me for this year, and I am ready to take on all that it brings!

I have so many MORE things that I am thankful for. This year has truly been a blessing! We'll call the next few posts my 'Tis the Season to Be Thankful' series :)

Stay tuned!

With love,

Miss Black Ohio
Kayla Hardimon

No comments:

Post a Comment