Sunday, December 25, 2011

December 25th: Merry Christmas from Miss Black Ohio!

Hello all!
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas full of love, good times, good food, and good people! On the good people note, today's post is about FAMILY! Tis the season to be thankful for family (keeping up with the tis the season series as promised :))
In my family, on Christmas Eve we have many traditions! My aunt and uncle come in town along with my Nana and Popop, we have christmas eve dinner together, my father and I cook cheese cake -which is surely an interesting experience EVERY time- my brothers make cookies with my mom, my dad reads 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' - comedy every single time- and we sing Christmas carols around the tree, and then on Christmas day after opening presents we go to my grandma's house!
Although we do the same things every year, their is always something new. Whether it's a new way my dad reads the story, or funny moments while singing the carols, Christmas Eve with family is always an experience.
On this Christmas, I must say that family is what I am most thankful for, the thing that I know I could not live without. Along with the great times we have together on Christmas Eve and Christmas day my family is a gift to me every single day of the year. As Miss Black Ohio, it is such a blessing to have so much support from so many family members.
It is truly the season to be thankful for family for me! From getting donations to help me along my way, to presents for Christmas, to simply showing interest in the things I'm doing, my family is a blessing.
I hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

With love,

Kayla Hardimon

No comments:

Post a Comment