Wednesday, February 23, 2011

African American Forum at the GE Aviation Plant

Hello everyone! Just wanted to tell you about the opportunity I was blessed with to sing at the African American Forum at the GE Aviation Plant in Cincinnati, Ohio today. The African American Forum is a program at GE Aviation to celebrate and remember black history during February. The room was not only filled with African Americans, but with people of other nationalities as well. It was pleasant to see the unity and support of everyone gathering for one common cause. I was also blessed to meet Faith Daniels, the host of the event and radio personality, and her husband Kent. It was such a pleasure meeting her. When you listen to her speak you can really feel a sense of genuine sincerity in her spirit. It is said that life and death is in the power of the tongue. When Faith speaks, it is invigorating and you literally feel the life radiating from her words, sprouting growth into your life. In the beginning of the event I sang an acapella version of the National Black Anthem. Later I sang "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly. There was also a Freedom Center Reenactment in the form of a monologue, a profound poet, and a presentation by the Bi-Okoto West African Dance group. Unfortunately, pictures were prohibited this time but maybe I can get a copy of the showcase for you on video! Woop, woop! Thank you Ms. Briana Graham for inviting me and as always, thank you DeMarcus Banks! On my way back home I got lost, even with GPS!  Mr. Banks I don't know what I would have done without you! Until next time, Britt Britt.

No comments:

Post a Comment